TTIS Directory

         
 

Full Name of the School

:

St. Thomas’ Boys’ School

 
         
 

Postal Address

:

4, Diamond Harbour Road, Kidderpore, Kolkata – 700 023

         
 

Year of Establishment

:

1789

         
 

Affiliated to

:

Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (X & XII)

 
         
 

Phone Nos.

:

033-24793241 / 033-24793242

 
         
 

Fax No.

:

033 – 24399615

 

         
 

Email id

:

prin_961510@bsnl.in

 
         
 

Website

:

www.stsboys.com

 
         
 

Medium of instruction

: English  
         
 

Streams available in the Plus Two

: Science & Commerce  
         
 

School Timings

: 7:50 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (for Class I) and  
         
      7:50 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (for Classes II – XII)  
         
 

Head of the Institute

: Mr. John A. K. Ghosh  
         
  Brief of the Institution & Motto : St. Thomas’ School, founded in the year 1789 for the English speaking community of Calcutta, is the oldest school in West Bengal and the second oldest, in India. It traces its direct antecedents back to 1729 as the Charity School.

The Schools’ affairs are controlled by a strong and influential Board of Governors as determined by the St. Thomas’s Schools Act of 1923.

His Grace, the Bishop of Calcutta, is the Chairman of the Board of Governors. The Master of the Calcutta Traders Association is also an ex-officio member. The Board has representatives from the Government of West Bengal, the Bengal Chambers of Commerce, the Anglo-Indian Association, the Vestries of St. Paul’s Cathedral, St. John’s Church and St. Stephen’s Church. There are five co-opted members which include elected representative of the teaching staff.

NISI DOMINUS FRUSTRA!